DigPINS will be offered for Summer of 2021 starting June 1st (see schedule below)
What is #DigPINS?
#DigPINS offers a connected learning experience to explore digital pedagogy, identity, networks and scholarship in an online community. We recommend this experience to any faculty or staff who want to explore online learning communities and how this can lead to unique learning opportunities for students. #DigPINS is designed to welcome anyone that has an interest in teaching and learning, whether you consider yourself comfortable teaching in online spaces or if you are just getting started.
#DigPINS is a place to:
- Consider how your identity, as a teacher and a scholar, is perceived in a digital context
- Think about and question digital influences on education
- Practice navigating (both socially and technically) different digital environments – both open and more private
- Find overlaps and intersections of these digital topics with colleagues from our network schools. Check out the Discuss Hub to see schools that have participated along us in the past. This year our cohort will be running alongside cohorts from Kenyon College, Unversity of Michigan-Dearbon, and The American University in Cairo.
When is it?
- June 1st through June 6th
Week 0 – This week allows us to get comfortable with the tools we will be using, no readings or activities happen during this week
- June 7th through June 13th
Week 1 – Modality
- June 14th through June 20th
Week 2 – Equity, Inclusion, and Agency
- June 21st through June 27th
Week 3 – Assessment
- June 28 through July 2nd
Week 4 – Participant Choice! – We’ll talk more about this during Week 1!
What does participating in #DigPINS look like?
Participation in #DigPINS is based around discussion. Each week there are a couple readings and activities that you check out at your own pace, then you bring your thoughts on the week’s content back to the larger group discussion. We communicate with our cohort and with peers from other schools via blog posts, online chat, and Twitter. All together, you should expect to spend 2 – 4 hours per week exploring content and participating in discussion. We would also encourage you to check out the blog posts on our #DigPINS website to get a better idea of what #DigPINS is about!